Re: [hylafax-users] install hylafax with debian

% *** On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:05 PM +0200, Riccardo Gaggero <riccardo.gaggero@sogefifiltration.it> wrote: ***
% I have SERIUS problem with debian woody:
% apt-get install hylafax-server    (OK)
% faxsetup (errors path usr/local/share/ghostscript)... WHY gs is in
% /usr/bin!!!! (apt-get install gs)
% faxaddmodem ttyS0 or ttyS1 (error in probing....)

I had the same problem at the first run of faxsetup. I installed one
by one depended packages, following the errors from faxsetup:

root:# apt-get install gs gsfonts

# making some links

root:# mkdir /usr/local/lib/ghostscript
root:# cd  /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/

root:# ln -s /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts ./fonts
root:# ln -s /usr/share/gs/7.05  ./7.05
root:# ln -s /usr/share/ghostscript/common  ./common

root:# ln -s /usr/bin/gs  /usr/local/bin/gs

root:# apt-get install mgetty
root:# type mgetty

root:# ln -s /sbin/mgetty  /etc/hylafax/getty-link

# Then retry faxsetup/faxaddmodem

root:# faxsetup ttyS0

HTH,

--