Re: [hylafax-users] WHFC 1.1.3 beta

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:00:35 +0200, Ulrich Eckhardt <uli.e@gmx.de> wrote:

>i have released WHFC 1.1.3. This version supports now
>the current HylaFAX coversheets. Also the offline mode
>is reworked and several gui changes which hopefully make
>the queues a bit better looking.
>
>As usual you can find it under
>http://uli.uli-eckhardt.de/whfc/beta/index.shtml
http://uli-eckhardt.de/whfc/beta/index.shtml

I made some tests (winxp_sp1), here are remaining issues:
1) offline/online
1a) I started whfc, minimized to tray area, and then shut down HylaFAX.
After sometime 2 whfc messages popped up telling about HylaFAX server being
unreachable. Then I restarted HylaFAX and could see that whfc picked it up
automatically refreshing the S window; however the SDR buttons and
"connector" icon remained disabled, only L enabled; to reenable them I had
to select system menu and pressing OK. Doing the same again (stop HylaFAX
...) causes same behavior, and at the end 1 more "connector" icon button
remains on toolbar (so I had 2 connectors).
1b) Could it be possible to throw the 2 unreachable pop-up window errors
only if whfc is not minimized in tray area? This way admin can do some
administration on HylaFAX server without users noticing. Basically polling
could be disabled when minimized to tray area.

2) window on top
There's still the issue that when selecting the whfc printer, the whfc
window asking faxno is in the background (I recall this happens on winxp/2k
and not win9x); I know you don't have winxp, so if you want us to try some
particular config or try test builds, just ask.

3) I have a new menu "modem settings" which is disabled. I don't know if
this is normal being a new feature in development or it may be due to
winxp/or the way I installed this beta (just overwriting old whfc).

Thanks

--
giulioo@pobox.com