[hylafax-users] Sendfax polling times out

Hi there,

I am new to this list, so hello to everyone!

I have scanner and a faxmodem, so I thought Hylafax was just the right
thing to install in order to make my workstation a paperless office.
However, I am stuck with a problem for which I couldn't find a solution
in the archives of the Hylafax mailing list.

I can't get faxpolling to work. When I specify

sendfax -p -d <PhonenumberOfRecipient>

at the command line, I get

request id is 45 (group id 45) for host localhost (0 file)

as response. After this nothing happens. Some time later I receive an
email telling me that the fax job has failed because the fax was not
transmitted before its kill time. I can send faxes using sendfax
without the -p option.

I am using a very old Class 2 faxmodem (haeussler h144e) that has
already worked with earlier versions of Hylafax on older Linux
distributions. Currently I am running SuSE Linux 8.2.

Has anyone got a clue? Thanks in advance!

This is what I find in sendq:

tts:1057159579
killtime:1057170319
retrytime:0