Re: [hylafax-users] destctrls

On 2003.05.28 12:13 Frank Peters wrote:

> > Switch everything to class 1.  :-)

> Is this not bad advice?

No, and especially not if the Class 2 firmware does not support any
features beyond HylaFAX's Class 1.

> A lot of people on this list, I have noticed, use HylaFAX to send
> LOTS of faxes in a single day.

True, very true.  Sending in Class 1 or Class 2 should not make a
difference provided there are no bugs and the feature-sets are the same.

> Since more and more receiving fax
> machines have the Super G3 capability, using Class 2.1 to send would
> allow the saving of substantial amounts of money in connect costs.
>
> Of course, this all depends on whether or not the sending modem can
> support Class 2.1.

And, most modems out there don't.  Only MultiTechs newer models do, and
it would be wise for new buyers to select these for that reason, but
for the sake of supporting most modems out there which don't have Class
2 features beyond HylaFAX's Class 1, it is good advise to say "use
Class 1 if Class 2 has problems".

Lee.