Re: [hylafax-users] funny pagesize

On 2003.05.26 09:20 Chr. Chrysanthou & Associates wrote:
> Anybody has an idea how to amend the receiving page size of the tiff
> faxes
> as they are received cut one third from the top. The pagesize database
> file
> has been amended to a4 default. Any other parameter affecting
> receiving page
> size?
> The incoming email reads like
> Pages: 1
>    Quality: Fine
>       Page: 1728 by 106
> TimeToRecv: 0:31
> SignalRate: 14400 bit/s
> DataFormat: 2-D MR
> ReceivedOn: ttyS0
>     CommID: c00000017

This happens because the *transmitter* has "page-chopped", removing
whitespace at the bottom of the page from the fax.

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this electronic message are
> confidential,
> may be legally privileged, and are for the intended recipient only.

I hope that means me. :-)

> Access,
> disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone
> else
> is prohibited and may be a criminal offence.

Since you sent it to a list, which effectively distributes it to an
untrusted environment and posts it on several web archives, I strongly
doubt it.

> Please delete if
> obtained in
> error and email confirmation to the sender

Somehow I'd tend to believe that you don't want responses saying "I've
deleted it" from the myriad of people who will get this message.

Maybe you want to remove that silly little notice from your on-list
e-mail ;-)

Lee.