Re: [hylafax-users] Problems changing modems

just a guess but you probably have a statement in your /etc/inittab file to
launch faxgetty. If you remove this statement and run "init q" to reload
init it may solve the problem.

                    George Bell
                    <gbell5@cox.net>             To:     hylafax-users <hylafax-users@hylafax.org>
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    hylafax-users-bounce@h       Subject:     [hylafax-users] Problems changing modems
                    ylafax.org

                    05/15/2003 01:32 PM

I am trying to reconfigure hylafax after replacing my modem with a new
one of a different type.  So I began by deleting /etc/ttyold.config in
the /var/spool/fax directory.  Then I deleted ttyold.FIFO.  This was a
mistake, because now the system gives me the following message every 5
minuites:

INIT: Id "mo" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.

O.K. I should have stopped the hylafax server before doing all this.  So
I do it now, with hylafax stop.  Now the server is stopped, but I'm
still getting these INIT:Id "mo" respawning too fast messages.  I have
no idea what this refers to.  I try ps -aux and I can't tell what the
heck "mo" is, and now that I have stopped the server, I don't know
what's generating these messages.

TIA,

George