Re: [hylafax-users] routing rcvd based on to #

Thanks to all who have replied on this thread, your input is very much
appreciated...

For those in the know and who may shed some further light on this topic i
have found that we have
Two PRI lines coming into our switch > NEC Neax2000ips > routed to various
extensions

Given the above info  which i'll admit i need to brush up on can anyone
determine if i do get the
Multitech DID modem at http://www.multitech.com/PRODUCTS/MultiModemDID/
it will do what i need?

Cheers,

S.

                    "Jay R. Ashworth"
                    <jra@baylink.com>            To:     hylafax-users@hylafax.org
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    hylafax-users-bounce@h       Subject:     Re: [hylafax-users] routing rcvd based on to #
                    ylafax.org

                    05/14/2003 05:22 PM

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 05:14:52PM -0400, Stuart Herd wrote:
> We have an NEC  that does have DID, unfortunately i am using USR
modems....
> trying to find out if they support DID is like trying to find out which
> child spilled juice all over the kitchen floor this morning :-), same
glib
> answer from three USR tech's "Good question!", "I don't think so" etc.
> etc... and so it goes..

It is unlikely at best that you will find anything that will talk to
the *back* of a PBX to do DID.  You generally have to be right on the
trunk (or behind something, like an Adtran, that simulates a trunk).

But I can tell you that I'm not aware that any of the USR gear,
possibly excepting the Total Control Racks (which I suspect you don't
have) will do anything except CNID, which is a different matter
entirely.

> After my initial post and figuring out what the term was i found many
posts
> by Jay and Yan.

<bow>  But Yan's actually *done* the stuff, whereas I merely kibitz.

> For anyone who is doing the same search check out this link ...
>
> http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Jay+R.

+Ashworth%22++%22Yan+Seiner+%22+group%3Afa.hylafax&meta=group%3Dfa.hylafax

Oh, we're gated, are we?  Cool.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth
jra@baylink.com

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")