[hylafax-users] RE : RE : SambaFax problem scanning Fax-Nr

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 16:24, Xware wrote:
> IMHO, this has perhaps something to do with cups. I never tried it with
> cups but it works pretty well with the Hp driver and LPR samba side...
> Perhaps should you look this way ?

In my earlier post, i've told that sendfax can't recognise the file
format unless its printed as EPS. I've temporarily made a fix in the
sambafax script file for the moment to test this!

To my surprise it worked! Here is the change I made to the sambafax
script;

#!/bin/sh
# constants
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
PS2ASCII="/usr/bin/ps2ascii"
# Included this to fix the file send from the WIN'98 client
FIXPS="/usr/bin/fixps"
AWK="/bin/awk"
SENDFAX="/usr/bin/sendfax"

# make up a temporary file
FAXFILE=/tmp/sambafax.$$
# make a temp file that is used to fix the incoming ps format
PSFILE=/tmp/sambafax.ps

# retrieve the username and hostname from the paramaters
Username=$2

..[snip]..

# if faxnumber is found fax the tempfile
# we donot check the validity of the faxnumber, let sendfax do this...
if [ "${FAXNUM}" = "" ] ; then

..[snip]..

else
  # Included to fix the file to comply with the format supported by
sendfax
  ${FIXPS} ${FAXFILE} -o ${PSFILE}
  ${SENDFAX} -n -D -f ${MailTo} -d ${FAXNUM} ${PSFILE}
fi

# remove the temp file
rm -f ${FAXFILE}
# also remove the ps file
rm -f ${PSFILE}
# end of show

But I think there should be some better way to do this (i.e) to tell the
windows client to print as EPS or may be something else in the server
side. I'm a newbie and I don't know what could be a good solution.

Thanks for your help and support!

-Shafeer