Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech ZPX: Unspecified Phase D toSpecificRemote Machine

On Wed, 07 May 2003 15:26:16 -0700
Lee Howard <faxguy@howardsilvan.com> wrote:

> On 2003.05.07 11:43 Bill Binko wrote:
> > Howard,
> >
> > 	Thanks for the quick response.  I am indeed talking about the
> > MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92.  However, when I look at the MultiTech Firmware
> > Page:
> > http://www.multitech.com/SUPPORT/MultiModemZPX/firmware.asp
> > I only see version 1.25p as the latest.
>
> Then you'll need to either disable V.34 and MMR or contact MultiTech
> and obtain 1.28.

When I inquired about the status of 1.28, Multitech informed me that
1.28 will not be relesed for the MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92.

Here is their original message:

> The latest and current firmware available is 125p for the MT5634ZPX_PCI_V.92
> modem. The only modem that currently has a 128c rev firmware is an external
> MT5634ZBA/V_V.92 modem. I am not aware of this firmware being updated to 128
> for the MT5634ZPX_PCI_V.92.

Maybe this will change in the future if enough users complain about reception
problems.

I don't ordinary receive faxes, but in the transmit mode the MT5634ZPX_PCI_V.92
with HylaFAX works very well at the V.34 transfer rates.

Frank Peters