Re: [hylafax-users] Received faxes (tiffs) can not be viewed

>>>Hi
>>>I have finally running Hylafax 4.1.5, but not without problems. When I
>>>receive a fax, everything seems to be all right. The connection is
>>>opened, fax received and stored as a tiff. But the resulting tiff is
>>>corrupted and it is not possible to open it .
>>
>>How did you recognize that the file is corrupted?
>

> 1. I was not able to view it in xv. I had implicit rights for the incoming
> faxes 600, so I changed it to 644 but the problem stays the same.
> 2. I was not able to view on my windows machine either
> 3. I received this mail
>
> Subject: Facsimile received from
>
> recvq/fax00009.tif (ftp://caesar:4559/recvq/fax00009.tif):
> Could not open recvq/fax00009.tif; either not TIFF or corrupted.
> ReceivedOn: ttyS0
>     CommID: c00000016 (ftp://caesar:4559/log/c00000016)
>

>>Are there any errors when you call the faxrcvd script manually?
>>(in your example this would be: bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax00009.tif" "ttyS0"
>>"00000016" "" "" "" "")
>
> No
>
>>Which viewer did you use?
>
> xv and others

Hmm, i had this message when a call was answered but no fax data was
received.
But this was stated in the log. Your log seems to be OK.
What's your OS and version? In case of linux: distribution.
Which versions of libtiff and ghostscript are installed?

--
Holger