[hylafax-users] Receive as pdf attachment

Dear Friends,

I had the same problem of zero lenght PDF attachments. It looks like uuencode
is not installed. On RedHat systems, you need the RPM package called
"sharutils".

In the RPM spec file, I added these two lines:
requires:    ghostscript-fonts >= 5.5
Requires:    sharutils

I am adding a request on Bugzilla. If you answer this mail, please CC me as I
do not subscribe the list.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE

>>> Receiving attachment as tiff is ok
>>> Receiving attachment as pdf (set in FaxDispatch) only attaches a pdf
>>> file zero bytes long.
>>>

>> Try calling faxrcvd-script manually (see in log/cxxxxxxx which
>> parameters are used) and watch the output. It has to be called from
>> hyla-SPOOLDIR.
>> Mostly there are problems with filename/path, gs, fonts ... that
>> result in a problem generating the ps-file.
>

> Sorry, I was a little too quick. Running bin/faxrcvd manually actually
> produces a correct pdf-file whereas it does not when receiving normally.

So, everything is OK with faxrcvd.

> My assumption is that it has to do with not finding Ghostscript but I
> don't know where this information should be given to the script...

The path to gs is set in etc/setup.cache. But this could not be the
problem when all works manually.

Were you logged in as root when doing it manually? Try as user uucp/fax.
May be there is a problem with execution rights.