Re: [hylafax-users] Received Faxes

--- "Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller@amfes.com> wrote:
> OK, I've got Hylafax receiving.  YEEAAAHHH!!!
>
> But viewing the faxes, on the other hand . . .

I assume if you are using Samba you are viewing the
facsimiles on windows. Tiff viewrs for Windows have
poor quality. If you want one free try Tiffviewr. A
good idea, if you want share the received fax is
transforming them into PDF and put them in a different
directory and give access by browser.

> I've managed to setup Samba to share the .../recvq
> directory.  And I can
> now access this directory from ONE workstation.
>
> From any other workstation, I can view the directory
> - but I can't
> access the files, even for viewing read-only (which
> is all I want them
> to do anyway).
>
> Using clients like Cypheus or W2HFC also result in
> access denied or file
> unavailable messages - and that happens on any
> workstation and any user.
>
> I'm assuming this is a rights issue.  Looking at the
> files on the Debian
> server, I see they are all assigned to the uucp user
> and group.  Is
> there something simple I need to change to allow
> access to these files?
>
> Daniel

You can change the default receive mode permissions in
the config.ttySx files, read man hylafax-config for
additional details.