Re: [hylafax-users] sendfax w/ courier-mta

Jesse Keating wrote:

> So, I'm using courier-mta as my email server (can't be changed) and I was
> wondering if anybody has setup an email-to-fax gateway with courier.  I see
> examples for postfix, qmail, sendmail, and smail, but no courier.  I'd like
> ot think that it's possible, has anybody tried it?

 Hi Jesse,
I have running a courier email-to-fax solution, not yet in produktion as
for now.
The main entry point in courier are the 'courierfax' program which is
passing mail vars e.g. FROM,TO,PAGES, build the coverpage and call
'SENDFAX'.

First you have to adjust the command line params passed to 'SENDFAX',
because HylaFAX sendfax params are differ. Also you have to decide using
courier's or HylaFAX coverpage solution, this needs also additional
command line params.

Second make sure HylaFAX sendfax are used.

At last you have to check courier's conversion routines found in
.../courier/share/faxmail to avoid double conversions.

Courier ends up with 'G3FAX' file one for the coverpage, one for the
message and one for every attachement whos mime-type are found as a
'mime-type.filter' file.

As I decide to fax almost PDF files, courier fails in counting multiple
pages in a PDF file and uses always ONE PAGE. Therefore the Number of
Pages printed on the coverpage are wrong.

Wolfgang Kaess