Re: [hylafax-users] Error detecting modem class

Hi there,

I'm trying to install hylafax from the debian packages (v 4.1.1). Installation goes

ok. I'm unclear as to whether faxsetup is supposed to spawn faxaddmodem, but it

does not. When I run faxaddmodem, it gets to the point where it's probing the modem

for the best speed, then it checks for the modem class. The return of AT+FCLASS is

0,1. I assume that this means that this modem supports class 1 faxing. However,

the script returns a message saying that it could not determind the class of the

modem. probemodem has the same problem. The modem I am testing with is an ancient

external Megahertz 14.4K serial modem that was made for use with laptops and is