Re: [hylafax-users] font metrics

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 17:04, Ian Firla wrote:
> Try creating symlinks to the AFM directories from where Hylafax looks for
> the font info.

Hi Ian

If HylaFAX really looks in the directory which I specified in the
hyla.conf file, the font metrics are already there.  So that wouldn't
make a difference.  When I run a `gs -h` and check for the Search path,
the fonts are already there as well.

any other suggestions?

thanks

tom

> On 17 Mar 2003, Tom Schouteden wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I've been working on this issue for a couple of hours now and have
> > searched through the online documentation, faq's and mailinglist archive
> > with no result, even though this seems to be a fairly common problem.
> >
> > I'm installing HylaFAX 4.1.5 on a Debian Unstable (2.4.19) system, using
> > AFPL Ghostscript 8.00.  Everything is compiled from source and without
> > errors.  Yet when I try to use sendfax, I get the error message:
> >
> > burns:~/fax# sendfax -d 123456789 /etc/hosts
> > /usr/local/sbin/textfmt: No font metric information found for
> > "Courier-Bold".
> >
> > I've installed the AFM font metric package and copied the fonts to every
> > fontdir you can imagine.  I also created and edited the hyla.conf file
> > with the following lines:
> >
> > FontMap:                /usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.00/lib
> > FontPath:               /usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.00/lib
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?  I tried everything, IMO, and it's still not
> > working :(.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > tom

> >   *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail sales@hylafax.org.*
> >

> ------------
> Dr Ian Firla
> Robert Graves Trust		| "A partial count of the software available
> St John's College, Oxford       | in just one noncommerical Linux system
> OX1 3JP - +44-(0)7855-310565	| would have cost about $1.9 billion to develop
> http://www.robertgraves.org	| ... the way Microsoft does it" Bruce Perens
Tom Schouteden
Consultant

Linugen