Re: [hylafax-users] faxrcvd

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:24:28PM +0100, Alex The Wild Rider said:
> MessageI've changed faxrcvd adding a row to get a backup:
> cp /var/spool/hylafax/$FILE /home/fax
> my problem is:
> NOTHING happens about copy, but every thing else wrote in the faxrcvd works
> fine.
> Why it doesn't copy the files?

I had similar problems.  When executing the script manually it worked every
time.

At which stage of your faxrcvd script are you archiving the fax?  Also, why
are you copying /var/spool/hylafax/$FILE?

Here is a portion of my script, around about line 212 (in my script anyway)

             $MIMENCODE $FILE 2>/dev/null
# Execute Copy and update commands
             cp $FILE /data/intranet/fax/inbound
             chmod +r /data/intranet/fax/inbound/$FILE
             rm /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/$FILE

This is in the 'if [ "$FILETYPE" = "tif" ]; then' section straight after
running the mimencode, and just before the script deletes the file.

> It is possible when faxrcvd is execueted the tiff isn't still created and/or
> saved?
> There is a way to get what I whant?

Try using the logger utility and watching your syslog.  I found that to be
invaluable, because I was able to see which areas were getting executed
with what paramaters by watching my syslog.

For example:

         cp $FILE /data/intranet/fax/inbound
	 logger $FILE /data/intranet/fax/inbound

That logger command would have sent the exact above line to the syslog, so
I knew exactly what the script executed.

Debug!

--
Adam Smith
Information Technology Officer