Re: [hylafax-users] faxmail: 8-bit accented characters in mail headerappear as quoted-printable

Hallo,

Maurice Galland wrote:

> When I use faxmail to send a text mail as a fax, accented (french)
> characters in the body are printed correctly, but accented characters
> in the mail headers (i.e Subject) appear as quoted-printable.
>

> Any hints ?

I create a quick  patch for "mimedecoding" some headerfields (see
attachment). The faxmail_hdec script looks like:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use MIME::Words qw(:all);
print scalar &MIME::Words::decode_mimewords($ARGV[0]), "\n";

Other solutions: procmail (http://www.linuxpunk.org/mail2fax/ in german)
or search google groups: hylafax mimedecode and read the first search
result (also in german).

HTH
Herbert

hylafax-4.1.1-mimedecode-headers.patch.gz