[hylafax-users] 'squished' faxes

I've been receiving sporadic reports from our customers that the faxes they
receive have squished lines or do not come through entirely.  These symptoms
seem to fall in line with the symptoms listed on the troubleshooting page,
which recommend setting the Class2DDISCmd to AT+FDIS.  All of my modems
(4-Port Comtrol Rocketmodems) however, have ModemType set to Class1.

I've yet to try this setting, since I am waiting on a testing box to become
available, but it seems that it would be useless for a modem working in
Class 1.  My logs do look like the Class2 examples in the docs, but I don't
know how to tell which class my modems are sending in.  The parameter says
'use this to supply a hint'.

So, my questions are: Am I Class 1 or Class 2?  How do I find that out?  Can
this Class2DDISCmd param help me?  Does this problem sound familiar?

I am also waiting for more information (namely the fax numbers that are
having a problem so I can isolate their logs for further scrutiny), as the
problems I've checked thus far were all 1-D.  It seems Comtrol has a newer
modem driver, which I've also not tried.  Only 6 or 7 customers have
reported this problem, which is a tiny fraction of our total.  I've checked
into their equipment, and they don't seem to have anything in common.

Thanks!

Cory 'G' Watson