[hylafax-users] client machine not reading hyla.conf

I had a client linux box that was previosly operating as one of several
hylafax clients on our network.  The machine had some serious hardware
problems and had to be overhauled.  Redhat 8.0 was re-installed I have
installed hylafax via the rpm for redhat 8 and then did faxsetup
-client.  I then altered hyla.conf and set Host: to the IP of our
hylafax server machine (192.168.0.1).  When I try sendfax or faxstat I
get: can not reach  host "localhost" port 4559.  If  I do a sendfax -h
192.168.0.1 it works.  I have tried #: echo $FAXSERVER to see if perhaps
that environment varieble had gotten set but I get nothing,so it appears
not to have been.  How can I get hylafax to use hyla.conf so that it
will be directed to the server machine.