Re: [hylafax-users] Fax split into two; cover page and the rest.

On 2003.02.24 12:38 Erik Enge wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We currently run RightFax (under Windows NT) and are moving away from
> it
> and over on HylaFAX (version 4.1.5 under Red Hat Linux 7.2 x86).  We
> are
> in the last phase of verifying that HylaFAX will work for us and we've
> had no problems until now.
>
> I don't know if this is a problem in RightFax or HylaFAX.
>
> When I send a fax from RightFax and include a cover sheet, the fax
> shows
> up as two distinct faxes in HylaFAX; one fax for the cover sheet and
> one
> for the rest.  If I send the same fax from RightFax to RightFax it
> shows
> up as a single fax.
>
> Anybody seen this behaviour before?  Who's wrong, RightFax or HylaFAX?

The way you worded your message, it almost sounds like you're using
RightFax as a HylaFAX client.  I assume you're not (I've never heard of
it being done before), and so I guess when you say "send from" and
"send to" you mean "send a facsimile transmission from/to a server
running..."

Chances are good that RightFax is separating the coversheet from the
rest of the facsimile with an EOM signal.  EOM means "End of Message",
and as far as HylaFAX is concerned, indicates that the sender is
sending a new document.  I've seen EOM used to send multiple jobs in
one call (batching).  That's the way that HP uses it, in my
experience.  I disagree with the usage RightFax follows, but it appears
that it considers the cover sheet to be a distinct document from the
rest.

Looking at the session log will tell you if EOM is being used.

Lee.