Re: [hylafax-users] blocking SPAM Fax

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:28:32AM +0100, aglaab@gmx.de wrote:

> i thought it would be great thing, when i can block spam faxes.

It is indeed a great thing, but it causes problems from time to time
when legitimate faxers "forget" (i.e. neglect) to configure their fax
machines properly.

> i read s.th. in the mans that this would be possible, but i do not know
> how.
>
> has anybody an idea how i have to set the QualityTSI,
> that i:
>
> * do not reveice any faxes w/o an callerID
> * do not reveice any faxes w/ specific callerIDs
> * receive any other faxes.

My config file contains:

	QualifyCID:	etc/cid
	QualifyTSI:	etc/tsi

Then, the cid file has:

	!^4162564525$
	!^$
	^.*$

And the tsi file has:

	!^FBTECH.*$
	!^0.*$
	!^SATISFAX.*$
	!^IOFAX.*$
	!^IO_FAX.*$
	!^PUREFAX.*$
	!^Via\ Fax$
	!^$
	!^ $
	^.*$

(Indented for email only -- the files have no whitespace at the start of
any lines.)  The thing to remember is that the cid and tsi files are
lists of patterns to *allow*.  So if you want to exclude, then you do so
explicitely by negating patterns with a "!" character, then providing an
all-inclusive ".*" as the last line.  I've included a few of the fax
broadcasters that operate in my area.  You should tune it for your own
requirements.

Hope this helps.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>