Re: [hylafax-users] howto send fax? (fax jobs are just queued)

--- jehova villa martinez <thornadox@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> when i try to send a fax,  jobs are successfully
> queued but  no send
> nothing.
>
> i'm trying to use hylafax-4.1.5
>
> i add  to /etc/ttys file  this two lines:
>
> cuaa4   "/usr/local/sbin/faxmodem
> cuaa4"/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty"dialupon secure
>
> next i do this to ensure hylafax will start at boot
> time:
> ( my OS is FreeBSD 4.7)
>
> cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> mv hylafax.sh.sample hylafax.sh
> chmod +x hylafax.sh
>
> everything goes fine, reboot services and and
> hylafax start too, then to
> connect to localhost
> for  recive  faxstat information i type this:
> kris#hylafax start
> kris#
> kris# faxstat
> HylaFAX scheduler on kris: Running
> Modem cuaa4 (+52.646.178.3459): Running and idle
> kris#
> i put zero ring to answer incoming fax ( they ask me
> for fax tone and i run
>   <faxanswer cuaa4>  i don't use yet,because my
> priority is  send faxes)
>
> but when i try to send faxes with  tkhylafax gui
> client  fax jobs are
> successfuly queued but are not  sent.
>
> am i missing  something? any clues.
>
> Jehova VM

I have the very same setup as yourself except for I
use mine as send only... When I had that issue I had
to type the following command:
/usr/local/sbin/faxmodem -u 0 cuaa0 the funny thing
was this would not work after I rebooted a few days
later so I had to type in the following commands since
my modem was a class 2.0 and it worked.

sentinel# /usr/bin/cu -l cuaa0
Connected
at+fclass=2.0
OK
at+fcc=?
(0,1),(0-5),(0-2),(0-2),0,0,0,(0-7)
OK

You might also try faxsetup one more time and keep the
settings you already chose when nothing else fails as
this worked on another box that had a similar issue.
These are just the steps that worked for me and
hopefully they'll work for you.