Re: [hylafax-users] fax notifications - how to restart

>>>Since my upgrade from RH7.3 to RH8.0, I don't get email
>>>notification of successful/failed transmission.  Where do I set
>>>this? I can't see it in any .conf file.
>>
>>Check in /etc/aliases, if "faxmaster" exists.
>>If not, you have to add this alias, save the file, and run
>>"newaliases" once.
>

> I checked -- It is still there, or rather "FaxMaster" is, under a
> comment from hylafax, so I suppose that is the right spelling.  I
> even ran newaliases, just in case.
>
> Still no mail -- neither individual notifications nor summary reports,
> which I used to get.
>
> Is there a switch somewhere?

oops, my hint was for receiving fax, but i think you ask for sending,
don't you?
By default HylaFAX will notify the submitter only if there is a problem
with a job. There are configuration parameters and command-line-switches
for sendfax.
See "man sendfax" for details.

Holger