Re: [hylafax-users] Getting the status of a fax and emailattachments.

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 16:18, Erik Enge wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm using HylaFAX 4.1.5 on Linux x86.
>
> I am going to use HylaFAX from a remote host using sendfax(1); I will
> get the fax ID from the output of sendfax(1).  I would like to be able
> to query the HylaFAX box every now and then and ask it "What's the
> status of <fax-id-goes-here>?" and it would reply whether or not it was
> sent, failed, etc.

read up on the faxstat command.  you may need to grep for the id.

If that doesn't suit your needs, maybe look into one of the various
programming APIs for accessing HylaFAX (like my gnu.hylafax or the PHP
libraries floating around).

> Also, on a failed fax, is there a way I can attach the failed fax to the
> email as an attachment or as a link to the FTP server which seems to be
> built into HylaFAX?

I haven't done this but there should be a way.  Look into the notify
scripts on your system.  You can modify them to do as you wish.

-joe