Re: [hylafax-users] No font metric information found

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Giulio Orsero wrote:

> Recent versions of HylaFAX should set it up for you if you run faxsetup
> after gs is in place. Have you run faxsetup?

Yes, I had ran faxsetup. However, the system only needs to be able to
sendfax to a running Hylafax server I had set up elsewhere on the LAN, so
when faxsetup asked me if I wanted to add a faxmodem on the Solaris box I
said no and the script ended. I don't know if that would have caused a
problem.

In /usr/local/lib/fax/hyla.conf I have...

FontMap:   /usr/local/share/ghostscript/7.05/lib:/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts
FontPath:  /usr/local/share/ghostscript/7.05/lib:/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts

I have untarred afm in both directories. In each case it created a
directory called afm and all the files are in that. To be sure I also
copies all of those files out of afm up a level so they show in an ls of
the fontpath directories listed above. No luck.

As regards ghostscript the only thing I had done was download the source
tarball for it, configure (with no parameters), make and make install.
Should I have done something more there perhaps?

Kelv