[hylafax-users] No font metric information found

Hi,

I'm trying to install HylaFax on a Sun Enterprise E450 running Solaris 8
(SunOS 5.8)

When running sendfax I receive the complaint from textfmt about No font
metric information being found for "Courier-Bold".

The Solaris box did not have Ghostscript installed. I downloaded the
latest version and compiled it from source with the default options.

I downloaded the afm tarball from the hylafax FTP site.

I ran gs -h and put the contents of the afm tarball into the directories
specified...

"Search path:
   . : /usr/local/share/ghostscript/7.05/lib :
   /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts"

When this did not work I tried various paths mentioned on the
Hylafax mailing list archives, which did not work either.

I also tried to specify the exact path to the fonts by uncommenting the
line in the Hylafax source file config.site

PATH_AFM="/usr/lib/DPS/AFM"             # directorys for AFM files

This was reflected in the recompile / make install. I put the contents of
afm into that too. Still the problem persisted.

I then in desparation put them into the fontmap paths mentioned in the
config.site, and on Google postings. No luck still.

I have wasted 2 days on what should have been a 15 minute job and am now
very frustrated with it all.

Can anyone point me to an exact 'type this, type that' list of
instructions to install from scratch, or perhaps diagnose the above? I
don't know what to do.

Kelv