[hylafax-users] Fwd: R: Stop Clearing

I forward this because it's intresting;)

Subject: R: [hylafax-users] Stop Clearing
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:26:57 +0100
From: "Luciano Lucini" <luciano@smapfil.it>
To: "'Matěj Hausenblas'" <matejh@pandora.be>

This script save end clean the /var/spool/fax every Saturday ,if you put
it in the cron file

SCRIPT : store-fax

#!/bin/sh
echo DEFANGED.63102
exit
#!/bin/sh
echo DEFANGED.1409
exit
#! /bin/sh

#       go into the correct folder where put the savefile
cd /home/servizio/faxstore
/bin/sleep 5

#       copy all with one redirection(only for confort)
/bin/tar -cvzf - /var/spool/fax | /bin/tar -xvzf -
/bin/sleep 5

#       service Hylafax programm for PURGE
/usr/sbin/faxqclean

Hi,
I have the same configuration of the server, but I erase the received
files,
because the mailing process forwards it to me via local mail. The
process that purges recvq and log is faxcron and to get it work You must

create a new cron job like:
25   21    *    *    *  sh /usr/local/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster
(where naturally FaxMaster is any user You want) If You don't create any

cronjob, the files will stay in the recvq directory as well as the logs
in
their directory...
To receive the faxes as attachments of mail the setup should be like
this: in
etc/config.ttyS0 (if the modem is on com1) I had to add a line saying:
FaxRcvdCmd:             bin/faxrcvd
To get the local delivery done when receiving a fax. Also there must be
a file
etc/FaxDispatch to get the file in correct format and to correct person
(if
not faxmaster (root...)

Hope that will help.
Regards
Matej

On Friday 17 January 2003 21:44, you wrote:
> We are using HylaFAX in a receive only environment.  We have huge
> harddrives and wish to keep all faxes permanently.  The documentation
> doesn't seem to indicate exactly what is actually purging the faxes
> from the recvq and log directories.  Is there any way we can turn this
>
> off?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - Frank

/dev/null