Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

* Frank Sfalanga, Jr. <f.sfalanga@datastorageswfl.net> [030115 15:42]:

> Killing faxgetty seems to work but I have two modems in this machine and I don't want to restart faxgetty
> on the non-stuck modem if I don't have to, right?
>
> This is the output of `ps axlw` (at least the part having to do with faxgetty)
>
> 100    10 20274     1   8   0  4012 1972 do_sel S    ?          0:02 /usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1
> 100    10  3075     1   8   0  4012 1968 do_sel S    ?          0:00 /usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0
>
> If I do this:
>
> [root@akita root]# killall faxgetty
>
> It kills both of the processes and they respawn fine.  No problem.
> How can I get just ONE of the modems to reset?  I've tried these combinations:
>
> Should I write a scipt that greps for the PID and then kills the process using the PID instead?  How should I best do this?

faxquit ttyS1

That will instruct the faxgetty on device ttyS1 to quit, and init will
start a new one...

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,

PGP signature