Re: [hylafax-users] Unable to open shared document file

On 31.12.2002 20:58:33 Patrice Fournier wrote:

>> the docq-directory contains the following files reffered to an current
>> incorrect series fax:
>
>That's the original file:
>> -rw-r-----   23 fax      60002       38876 Dec 30 09:45 doc33.tif
>
>This would be a hardlink to the original doc33.tif:
>> -rw-r-----   23 fax      60002       38876 Dec 30 09:45 doc33.tif.169
>
>Those are not normal filenames, they seem to be hardlinks to
doc33.tif.169
>Did you use some kind of resend script that used doc33.tif.169 as the
file
>to send?:

No, beware...i compiled the 4.1.5-version and installed it as the readme
says.
before the installation i deinstalled the 4.1.2b (?), the rpm which's
delivered with SuSE 7.2.

>> -rw-r-----   23 fax      60002       38876 Dec 30 09:45
>> doc33.tif.169.180
>> -rw-r-----   23 fax      60002       38876 Dec 30 09:45
>> doc33.tif.169.186
>> -rw-r-----   23 fax      60002       38876 Dec 30 09:45
[...]

Relative to above shown "not normal filenames":
when a fax via Postscript-Printer and Cypheus is delivered to hylafax, the
following files are existing:

-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49 doc106.tif
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49 doc106.tif.992
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1004
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1008
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1009
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1010
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1011
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1012
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1013
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1014
[....]
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1080
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1081
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1082
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1083
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1084
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1085
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49
doc106.tif.992.1086
-rw-r-----   83 fax      60002       53484 Jan  2 10:49 doc106.tif.992.999
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 Jan  2 11:06 doc106.tif.992;01
-> doc106.tif.992.1010
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Jan  2 10:50 doc106.tif;01 ->
doc106.tif.992

For all single Jobs there exist a hard link.
When the Job is finished, only the incorrect hardlinks are remaining in
the directory.

>> Thank you, but how (and where) i can use file formats that need
>> conversion?
>
>You could send the fax as postscript (I believe Cypheus can do both PS
and
>TIFF). Or you could fix the bug and send a patch to bugzilla. :)

Yes, but i normally use a Postscript-printer to print via Cypheus.
But in the docq-directory are only tiff-files. maybe Cypheus is converting
the ps-files to tiff allready...?

i think i have to wait for the 4.1.6-version, to be lucky... ;-)

Michael