Re: [hylafax-users] HTML- EMail to fax

On Thursday 19 December 2002 02:25 pm, Thomas Will wrote:
> Hello list!
> I am a newbie in this list!  So please tell me when I do  a mistake.
>
> I am trying to set up an email to fax gateway . The setup is ok. When i
> send an email in text format to the fax server the email is correct
> converted and will be sent as fax. I need to send faxes over mail with
> pictures in the message body. So I must use html formated email. Now my
> problem: the text in such mail is converted correctly and also sent.
> Pictures in message body are removed in the fax. So only the text will be
> faxed.
> Can anybody explain, how to set up the hylafax software to send also
> pictures in the message body of a html email via fax? Must I use an
> external converter and  if, can anybody explain how to set up an external
> converter? I looked into the manpage of faxmail but I could not find
> something how to set up external converters.  I hope somebody can help
> me...
You should check out the html2ps package at Freshmeat....
http://freshmeat.net/projects/html2ps/
This is a perl utility that does what you mainly need.
You may have to pull the html content out of the email, and convert them
seperately from the actual email.
Shouldn't be too difficult if you are used to scripting....

--
Cam Coble, A+, Network+
IT Manager

 "any sufficiently advanced technology