[hylafax-users] Gap in my understanding: HylaFAX + CUPS

Good Thursday, everyone:

	(I've read a *ton* of stuff lately; please gently point me if I missed
this Q in the documentation or archives :-O ).

The Issue:
=========

	I cannot understand how to pass the destination phone number over to my
network (hoped-to-be :-) ) FAX server.  The environment included CUPS
for all printing needs, and Samba for CUPS-access by the Win clients.
Send-only (at this point).

What I've got:
==============

	Hardware
	--------
-P200MMX, 128MB RAM, USR Sportster 56k voice/FAX internal (Class 2.0)

	Software
	--------
-RedHat 8.0 all patched up, as a server without X
	-serving: samba, LDAP, time, printer, backups, home-dirs, etc.
-samba 3.0alpha21-1 (to serve as primary domain controller to WinXP)
-cups 1.1.15-10
-fax4CUPS 1.22-1
-hylafax 4.1.5-1rh8

What is Working:
================

-HylaFAX from the Command-line.  I can issue this command, and send a
FAX just great (chose a random .ps file for testing-purposes):

	sendfax -n -d work_fax_nr /usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/refcard.ps

-using CUPS on both the local machine, and a remote (Linux) client, I
can "see" the HylaFAX "printer" (browsing).

-using smbclient on a remote (Linux) client, I can see the Samba
printer-share (much snippage):

	Sharename      Type      Comment
	---------      ----      -------
	FAX            Printer

-independent of this, printing via CUPS works OK from Linux and WinXP
clients.  WinXP clients use an Apple postscript driver for my Epson.

Other:
======

-I made a small test-page (basically a Cro-Magnon Cover Page :-) ),
which featured the Destination FAX number front-and-centre.  I wondered
if the PostScript file would show this number, which might magically
later be 'sed/awk' found... Examining the PS Level 3 file shows no
searchable phone-number-text though; only "strokes" I guess.

	Thanks for any/all tips, pointers, suggestions, help.

	-Gord

--
Gordon Pritchard, P.Eng.         | Institute of Electrical and
Research Labs Manager            |      Electronics Engineers