[hylafax-users] Hylafax modems / drivers

Dear all,

I'm trying to install Hylafax on a PC desktop running SuSE 8.0. I'm finding
problems with my internal PC modem. This is a Conexant HSF PCI Modem,
I've successfully installed the proper driver but the problem is that when I test
the modem with "cu -l modem" it is seen as a Class 0 modem hence Hylafax
refuses to configure it. I know that somebody else already wrote to this list
about this problem and the answer was to try CAPI4Hylafax.

I've however another modem fax available here. It's a US Robotics Sportster 28.8
(external on serial port). By the way this is one of the modems that appear in the list
of modems that can be used with Hylafax. However I'm unable to find a proper driver
to install on my SuSE system, so I would know whether somebody else in this list is using
this kind of modem and if so, could you tell me where I can find a suitable driver for
this modem ?

If nobody else is using this modem, any suggestion about the modem to use among those
in the hylafax list and from where to download the corresponding SuSE/Linux driver is
OK to me; I can provide for the (preferably PCI internal) modem you will suggest to me.

I'll appreciate very much all suggestions as I'm a bit in trouble. I'm looking forward to
your answers.

Thanks very much in advance to all of you

Claudio Vuerli
Tecnoteca s.r.l.
Udine - Italy
claudio@tecnoteca.it