[hylafax-users] MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92 problem

I bit the bullet and bought a 100 dollar hardware modem. I tried for 2 weeks
to get a rockwell winmodem to work, so I figured a hardware modem would save
my day.

I followed many readers and mailers advice and bought a mulitech internal
pci modem (MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92).

ftp://ftp.multitech.com/3rd-Party-Patches/Unix/mt5634zpx-pci_linux.txt
I followed directions from there. I am runnin slackware 8. I tried to get it
working on a pentium 166 and a celeron 900. Same error on both.

setserial /dev/ttyS2 uart 16550A port b400 irq 12 autoconfigure
ln -s /dev/ttyS2 /dev/modem

and tried cu to verify the modem works. Cu says this:

cu -l modem
Connected.
cu: Got hangup signal

Disconnected.

I also get the same error if I try "cu -l" on /dev/ttyS2

Please help!