[hylafax-users] Problems sending FAXes...

Hello!

This is my first mail to this list and I just subscribed to it, so, please,
forgive me if I ask a 100 times answered question and help. -- Thanks!

I am running on older SuSE distributions (SuSE 5.3!) HylaFAX since years
without any problems on very old computers (486DX-4/100 or Pentium 166). The
Modem is a simple Rockwell based Class1 modem, I use the same model on all my
servers.

Now I wanted to set up a new FAX server for a friend on a little bit better
hardware, using (again) the same modem as I always use, but with SuSE 7.0 and
SuSE 8.0. I tried SuSE 8.0 first, then I tried 7.0, but I always got the same
problems. I tried both SuSE's on two different computers (one with an Pentium
166 CPU, the other one with a PII/233), but I always got the same problem,
which also persitts when I use a copy of the config files from my working
server!

It is possible to RECEIVE Faxes without any problem.
When I try to send a fax to a target (I try that with a CANON InkJet FAX and
my _working_ HylaFAX server through my PBX) by entering the following:

   sendfax -m -n -d 18 /usr/share/ghostscript/.../golfer.ps

I get a lot of missing lines. While my Hylafax-Servershows this problem
periodically every 2cm, the CANON fax looses 50% of the page, every 5mm a
little bit.

Can somebody give me guidance on how to get this work? I have reached the end
of my knowledge!

Thanks a lot for any help.

 mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
      \\|//           Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software
      (o o)           Forget Windoze! -- We focus on L-I-N-U-X...