[hylafax-users] Newbie To HylaFax

Hello everyone:

I am brand new to using HylaFax. In fact, I am currently trying to sell it to my boss as a faxing solution. There is only one hurdle I have to get around. We do all of our software programming in house and I need to be able to Fax a document (PS is fine) from my application without the user having to enter the fax number. I will get the fax number from the database or an entry field somewhere.

The programming language we are using could talk to an Active X or I can write an external in C++. The problem is I have not found an active X to talk to HylaFax and most of the source code in C++ is a bit beyond me. Can anyone push me in a good direction for sending a fax to hylafax programmatically only, with no user interference.

I basically only need to Send a Fax? I was hoping for a simple SendAFax(FaxNumber, File) in C++ or Active X.

We are using Win2000/Win98 machines for all of our faxing needs. I have gotten WHFC to work printing from word and our host application but I have to go through the print driver and I want to avoid that.

Thanks,
Ray Briggs II
Lone Star Medical Products, Inc.
713-796-0505 Ext. 148