Re: [hylafax-users] Dual Fax Server with HylaFax ? ...

Pedro, Torsten,

Meanwhile someone here came up with another option. This option involves
setting up LPD on the HylaFax server with two LPD print2fax filters, one for
each modem, who in turn does the right 'sendfax' to HylaFax.

In this scenario there will be two printers (for example called Fax#1 and
Fax#2) with postscript printer drivers (Adobe Generic Postscript Driver) and
TCP print services on the Windoze clients, each printing to a different LPD
queue. Each driver ending up using a different modem on the HylaFax machine.

This offcourse means that any special information for the fax server needs
to be embedded into the document printed to the queue. Some filters I have
found use a special format like @+31123222445@ in order to embed the
faxnumber to fax to, which is being taken out of the document by the filter
before the document gets faxed.

I've been looking for few available filters to do this and came up with the
following:

http://www.boerde.de/~horstf/ for the fprintfax filter or
http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/ingalo/software/sambafax.html for the
sambafax filter

but there's more like print2fax and salsafax. Since a LPD filter is not that
complex I am thinking about developing a filter myself, including for
instance support for distribution lists (we need to do many press faxes).

Regards,
Hans

and then destroy it.