[hylafax-users] I need help with c2faxrecv

hi!

I am very new to hylafax and am trying to get it to work with my AVM
Fritz Card PCI V1. I'm using the latest CAPI, and both a cap(r)i-server
and isdnlog work absolutely fine. I can also send faxes with c2faxsend
without problems. I am using gentoo.

If I understand correctly, I need to start simply "c2faxrecv" and that
will listen on a msn specified in /var/spool/fax/etc/config.faxCAPI.

Problem is, when I start c2faxrecv it simply does nothing and exits
again:

root # c2faxrecv
root #

I can also start it with -v, nothing more, and no entries in messages or
anywhere else, nothing in ps -aux. I also put c2faxrecv into
/etc/inittab:

fr:235:once:/usr/bin/c2faxrecv

But that won't help either. libtiff is installed.

Could you please give me a hint whats wrong? Why does it quit
immediately?

Also, why does hylafax put its config files in /var/spool/fax/etc/, not
in /etc, like all other software does?

Please reply to me directly, I am not subscribed to this mailinglist.

thank you!
	Ben Adler

Here is config.faxCAPI:

# cat /var/spool/fax/etc/config.faxCAPI
SpoolDir:               /var/spool/fax
FaxRcvdCmd:             /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd
FaxReceiveUser:         uucp
LogFile:                #/tmp/capifaxlog.txt
LogTraceLevel:          4
LogFileMode:            0644
HylafaxDeviceName:      faxCAPI
RecvFileMode:           0664
FAXNumber:              +49.40.blah
LocalIdentifier:        "foo"
 # ----------- outgoing params -----------
OutgoingController:     1
OutgoingMSN:            <msn without areacode, 8 digits>
SuppressMSN:            0
#NumberPrefix:
UseISDNFaxService:      1
RingingDuration:        0
# ----------- incoming params -----------
Controller:             1
AcceptSpeech:           1
#UseDDI:                        0
#DDIOffset:             0
#DDILength:
IncomingMSNs:           <msn without areacode, 8 digits>
#PolledRetrievalEnabled:        1