Re: [hylafax-users] DID Summary

On Ne, 2002-11-03 at 09:37, Sascha Herrmann wrote:
> Hy,
>
> > hmm... I take it that DID over a few BRI lines (in europe) will be the same
> > as long as the ISDN card supports it... ( I am thinking Sedlbauer range )
> > ... and the telco (in my case Portugal Telecom aka Portugal Telecrap ) also
> > send the right signals. Right?
> every telco needs to send this signals (info about the called number) when
> using an BRI line, since BRI is an bus and you need to address the called
> device with its number (its an part of the EDSS1 protocol). So its only an
> question of the Softwaredriver if the card is able to tell the called
> number or not. The Sedlbauer driver is able to tell this number and i see
> no reason why the Eicon BRI Driver shoudn't.

The Eicon Diva Server BRI works well in this application.

> PS: is there really no telco in US supporting BRI lines? how ugly...

They support ISDN/BRI, but they only provision 2 phone numbers, one for
each channel. Very few support any form of MSN.

--Yan

> Bye
> 	Sascha

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq