Re: [hylafax-users] Update on Problem with Distinctive Ring (346 patch does not fix CID issue)

Lee-

It also does not fix the "mystified" situation I had with CID.  I
demystified it by staring at the code.

If CIDName and CIDNumber are not defined, then in ClassModem.c++, the
waiting for ring routine has an if-then-else clause for a case of a
AT_OTHER enumerated type.  This type is set when something other than
the "normal" commands are hit.  RING A is such a command.  Thus AT_OTHER
is set.

Since RING A does not match to anything else in the if-then-else clause
because of the separate bug with matches between the distinctive ring
string and the buffer, it defaults to calling parseCID at the end (from
ModemConfig.c++).  The parseCID script performs a stringcompare between
the configured CIDName (null) and CIDNumber (also null), and the compare
returns true between the buffer line and the two strings since in effect
it finds the null string in the rbuf.

Thus CIDName and CIDNumber are thus both incorrectly set to RING A
instead.

Mystery solved, bug still there with patch 346 which does not touch the
parseCID routine.  Have not tried to fix yet but may be as simple as
switching the two arguments to the strnequ() macro.

Thanks for your help.

Should I submit a bug report?  I can be much more specific code wise??

Sunil