Re: [hylafax-users] multiple phonenumbers on one line

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 07:12:58AM -0700, Pedro Rocadas wrote:
> --- "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 05:14:12AM -0700, Pedro
> > Rocadas wrote:
> > > The keyword to your questions is DID. Search the
> > mailling list for
> > > this word and Yan Seiner. Hylafax was modified to
> > work with DID
> > > (release 4.1.x) but maybe not all equipment will
> > work. Cheers
> >
> > It's a teeny bit more complicated for Sebastian,
> > Pedro.
>
> ~:-) Sorry. I juat do a quick reply (launch time?).
>
> > In order to use DID, the *telephone company* has to
> > assign you the
> > extra numbers, you can't simply use one number and
> > then *extend* it by
> > dialling extra digits.
>
> Don't play with Jay, he is the sensei tech here :-))).

Not even on my birthday.  I'm not a tech.  I'm help desk.  :-)

> > (Tech note: yeah, I realize that some European
> > countries have variable
> > length numbers; I don't believe they use them for
> > *this*...)
>
> Well, Portugal speaking, the telcos assign you the
> numbers if you pay/make a contract (expensiveeeeee)
> and if you have a PBX/PABX you can do the pool there
> and I think the telco do it for you if you don't have
> a PBX/PABX.

My point was merely that you can't just *decide* to extend your number,
in the fashion that I gathered Sebastian wanted to do.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")