[hylafax-users] Understanding the faxrm utility.

Hi.

I was reading some ML archives for the faxrm utiliy and my ideas are
more confused than before. I just can't get the connection between the
'faxadduser username -a admin_passwd' and what should go in hosts.hfaxd. If I add a 'faxadduser username -a admin_passwd' must I also make the same entry in the hosts.hfaxd file? What I did was create a normal user (pippo) with faxadduser and then I created the same user, with same passwd, on the system (a system account). When trying to 'faxrm 9' under system account pippo, faxrm hangs and the job still shows up. Please help me figure a simple way for getting rid of jobs. Be aware I'm no programmer so it must be simple. What I think I must understand is the connection between admin user created by faxadduser, system accounts, and the hosts.hfaxd file.

Whatever solution you guys give me (hopefully simple :-)) I want to put
it in a little italian howto I'm writing.

BTW. For incomming calls, I get the modem answering but it gives me a
message saying that the handshake process has failed. What could it be?

Greetings
--
                 Antonio Gennarini
                Crecchio, CH - ITALY