Re: [hylafax-users] USR Message Modem fax storage ability

> I know I should upgrade and scanned the Suse Server for some updated
> version, but it seems that I have to compile it myself. Beeing still
> fairly new to linux I feared that step so far :-). But there's a first
> time for everything isn't it? Guess I'm going to try it. Maybe that helps
> to get rid of the tsi problem too.

hylafax was also the first application for me I had to compile :)

> Do you know a good instruction, that tells a little about what is going
> on 'behind the scenes' when upgrading?

there should be some 4.1.x rpm packages for suse 7.x (not 7.3?) somewhere on ftp.hylafax.org

see the changes logs on www.hylafax.org

http://www.hylafax.org/troubleshooting.html
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/index.html

maybe
  www.prm.org
  man inittab

from memory I recall that some paths to binaries are different if you compile
the sources from www.hylafax.org with their standard paths.
you will then hqave to update /etc/iniitab and the scripts to start/stop
hafad (AFAIR /etc/init.d/hylafax for suse 7.somthing and something similar to
/xxx/sbin/init.d/hylafax before)

Bernd