Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax and iptables

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:00:26PM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2002.03.06 12:34 Yan Seiner wrote:
> > I know this has been covered in the past, but for the life of me I can't
> > find it.  How do I get hylafax through iptables?
> >
> > The box that hylafax is installed on is protected by iptables.  How do I
> > set up conntrack to properly pass hyalfax through?
> >
> > I can open port 4559, but the reverse leg gets dropped.
>
> Your client needs to use passive mode.

or...set your iptables module to track connections on the 4559 port as well
as (or instead of) port 21 (ftp.)  A quick look at the ip_conntrack_ftp.c
source file indicates there may be a "ports" option for the module.  I'd
start by trying:

# modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp ports=4559

...but that's just a guess - I haven't done this since the ipfwadm days.

good luck,

-joe
--
     Innovation Software Group, LLC - http://www.innovationsw.com