[hylafax-users] Failed FAX handshake

I have what appears to be a failed fax handshake.
I am running a RedHat 7 system with Actiontec modem (Class 1,2).
Most faxes come in without a problem, however we cannot receive faxes from certain fax machines. The resulting TIFF has a few garbled lines at the bottom of the page. The first few lines of the system log of one failed fax are posted below:

: SESSION BEGIN 00000346 15629413730
: <-- [4:ATA\r]
: --> [5:+FCON]
: ANSWER: FAX CONNECTION
: RECV FAX: begin
: --> [28:+FTSI:"      1 915 581 9242"]
: REMOTE TSI "1 915 581 9242"
: --> [21:+FDCS:0,5,0,2,0,0,0,0]
: REMOTE wants 14400 bit/s
: REMOTE wants page width 1728 pixels in 215 mm
: REMOTE wants unlimited page length
: REMOTE wants 3.85 line/mm
: REMOTE wants 1-D MR
: --> [2:OK]
: <-- [7:AT+FDR\r]
: --> [5:+FCFR]
: --> [7:CONNECT]
: RECV: begin page
: RECV: send trigger 021
: <-- data [1]
: RECV: 32378 bytes of data, 58 total lines

The same few lines from a normally received fax are as follows:

: SESSION BEGIN 00000361 15629413730
: <-- [4:ATA\r]
: --> [5:+FCON]
: ANSWER: FAX CONNECTION
: RECV FAX: begin
: --> [21:+FDCS:0,5,0,2,0,0,0,1]
: REMOTE wants 14400 bit/s
: REMOTE wants page width 1728 pixels in 215 mm
: REMOTE wants unlimited page length
: REMOTE wants 3.85 line/mm
: REMOTE wants 1-D MR
: --> [2:OK]
: <-- [7:AT+FDR\r]
: --> [5:+FCFR]
: --> [7:CONNECT]
: RECV: begin page
: RECV: send trigger 021
: <-- data [1]
: RECV: 32767 bytes of data, 757 total lines

The discrepancy seems to be in the FTSI/TSI & FDCS lines.
I have seen reference to modems ignoring the AT+FDIS commands, but the Actiontec modem responds with an OK signal to that command. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Aaron