[hylafax-users] Advice for Fax system

Hi,

during the last years I used hylafax. Then I changed the modem to a USR
message modem. It can store faxes while the PC is turned off (which is the case
for most of the week).

The problem with hylax is: When faxgetty is installed I cant access the
modem with a fax retrieval software like mepl or kmsgmodem. If i dont install
faxgetty I barely cant receive faxes.... and both, mgetty and faxgetty, cant run
parallel.
More, a good frontend for Linux is missing

An alternative could be mgetty+sendfax...but sendfax works only with class2
modems,and the class 2 implementation of USR is well known bad.

Now I'm a little stuck.
Has anybody an idea how to proceed best?

Cheers
Max

http://www.gmx.net