Re: [hylafax-users] some questions

There is no official document per se.  You can get the information from:

- HylaFAX source code
- hfaxd man page
- telnet to HylaFAX and go nuts
- the -vv option to many of the stock HylaFAX client programs (sendfax, etc.)
- source code to other utils/libraries that implement the protocol

why not just use the utils/libs from the last option?  You can find a listing
on the Hylafax website.

from the top of my head.

gnu.hylafax - http://www.net-foundry.com/java/gnu/hylafax
a Java class library implementing the HylaFAX network protocol
(I'm the author so I'm biased)

jhfc - search for it on http://sourceforge.net
another Java HylaFAX client (built by Bernd Prossl on top of gnu.hylafax)

SuSEFax - comes with SuSE Linux http://www.suse.com
another Java HylaFAX GUI client

I've seen reports of PHP, PERL and MS Windows client programs but the
names escape me.  refer to the HylaFAX website.

You can use the C/C++ code from HylaFAX to build your own C/C++ clients too.

Option 2 is probably the least desireable option since you've then got
timing issues with file locking and such.  I recommend you find a suitable
client for your platform and start writing some glue software to hook it
to your database.

-joe