[hylafax-users] [mg@vierzehn.com: Re: Little problem sending faxes]

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 07:46:02PM +0100, Sascha Herrmann wrote:
> Kann es sein das bei dir die Wahlsperre in Aktion tritt? Dieses uralte
> aber in Deutschland immer noch gueltige Relikt der Mechanischen
> Vermittlungsstellen schreibt das ein Modem nach einer bestimmten Anzahl
> fehlgeschlagener Anwahlversuche fuer meherer Stunden jede weitere Wahl
> verweigert. Wenn also mehrere Nummern nacheinander besetzt sind koennte es
> sein das sie in Aktion geht. Ich weiss allerdings nicht ob die Sedlbauer
> Karte sowas ueberhaupt eingebaut hat. Leider habe ich mit dieser Karte
> aber sowieso recht schlechte Erfahrungen mit der Qualitaet...
---------------------------------
(in English, so that everybody understands this thread)
Text above translated:(short)
Could it be that the modem denies calling after certain dial attempts occured?
This is an old relict of the German phone infrastructure.
I don't know if the Sedlbaur Card has integrated something like this.
I got only bad experience with this Card, because of the bad quality of
the faxes.
----------------------------------

No it seems that HylaFAX is hanging, the faxes where sent before I upgradet to Redhat 7.1 and Hylafax 4.1.
If the error occures, I have to restart Hylafax, but if I do that with
/etc/rc.d/init.d/hylafax restart
I get messages in the log:
hylafax: Shutting down HylaFAX queue manager:  succeeded
Oct 25 13:21:54 james hylafax: hfaxd shutdown succeeded
Oct 25 13:21:59 james hylafax: faxq startup succeeded
Oct 25 13:21:59 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: bind (port 4559): Address already in use
Oct 25 13:21:59 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: Unable to init server, trying again in 5 seconds.
Oct 25 13:21:59 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX SNPP Protocol Server: restarted.
Oct 25 13:21:59 james hylafax: hfaxd startup succeeded
Oct 25 13:22:04 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: bind (port 4559): Address already in use
Oct 25 13:22:04 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: Unable to init server, trying again in 10 seconds.
Oct 25 13:22:14 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: bind (port 4559): Address already in use
Oct 25 13:22:14 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: Unable to init server, trying again in 15 seconds.
Oct 25 13:22:29 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: bind (port 4559): Address already in use
Oct 25 13:22:29 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET: Unable to init server, trying again in 20 seconds.
Oct 25 13:22:50 james HylaFAX[16402]: HylaFAX INET Protocol Server: restarted.

but there are no tries to send the faxes. First I have to stop HylaFAX, then waiting 30 Seconds and then starting it aggain, after that HylaFAX begins to send the faxes.

If I don't notice that Hylafax is not sending the faxes, the only thing happening is that after running out killtime the faxes are deleted from queue.

Marco