[hylafax-users] Modem unresponsive

email = edward@evdj.demon.nl
I've been working on getting HylaFax up and running on
our Sun Enterprise server running Solaris 2.6
I got a binary distribution somewhere (think it was a
site with harvard in its hostname), version 4.1beta1

After getting ghostscript from sunfreeware.com I could
run faxsetup and faxaddmodem. Faxaddmodem detects my
modem (a Dynalink) and correctly configures it.

I currently have both faxq and hfaxd proces running, I
can use faxstat, and I can place a fax in the queue.

But now whenever faxsend starts doing it's job things
don't seem to work. No lights on the modem show any activity
(ie. modem initialization doesn't start) and faxstat keeps
saying it is initializing the modem.
At that point there is indeed a faxsend proces present, but
nothing seems to happen.

I've also tried faxgetty but that after a timeout it complains
that the modem appears to be wedged.

What is happening here,and more importantly what can I do to
make it work ?  I've already got HylaFax up and running fine one
a Linux machine (Suse/i386) an connected one of it's modems
to the Solaris machine.
The Solaris machine has an extension block with the 8 serial ports,
but since faxaddmodem has no problems with that, I would expect that
faxsend would work as well.

Please help as I really need to get this to work (I got 18 similar
servers all waiting anxiously for me to install HylaFax on them).

---

			Edward v/d Jagt
			edward@evdj.demon.nl