Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX performance vs regular fax machine.

At 21:45 09/09/01 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 12:50:33PM +0200, Bodo Noering wrote:
> > > Should this be changed to 203 ?
> >
> > No, 204 is the correct value. I'm evaluating some Windows TIFF
> > drivers at the moment and all of them are using 204 dpi as X
> > resolution:
>
>Well, a google search on "fax resolution 203" got 76,600 hits, while
>"fax resolution 204" got only 56,000, and most of those appeared to be
>area codes... but that's not conclusive.
>
>Harald?  Does T.30 say?

Well for A4 page you want 1728 lines total

An A4 is 215mm +- 1mm => ~204

I cannot remember how many lines fax lines a US letter page has but the
important measure is the total length in combination with the page
size.  Sending too many or too few will cause problems(maybe only
truncation or squishing of image up the page).

- Robert