Re: [hylafax-users] faxing thru staroffice

This is probably in the FAQ, bu there goes:

hylafax uses a client-server architecture.  You run hylafax on the
machine that has the fax hardware attached.  It listens to the fax and
receives faxes, and also listens on a specific port (4559 IIRC) for
connections from computers wanting to send faxes.

You then need a client (not included with the basic hylafax
distribution) to talk to hylafax.  The client can be windows based,
linux based, or probably anything else you'd care to write.  The client
does not have to be (and typically is not) on the machine that hosts
hylafax.

Typically, you set up the client as you would a printer.  You then print
to it.  The client typically pops up a window, and you enter the phone
number, recipient, etc. and the client contacts hylafax and sends the
fax.

HTH,

--Yan